An Artist wishing to be considered by Cavan County Museum needs to supply the Museum with:
• an up to date CV
• six photographs or slides of recent work including samples of the work they wish to display.
The artist must:
• arrange to meet with Museum personnel to discuss possible dates for exhibition and make any necessary arrangements for the display of their work.
• state any special requirements they have for the display of their work. In the case of any special facilities required for the display it needs to be discussed at the initial meeting with Museum personnel after the artist has viewed the space. It needs to be agreed at this time who is to provide these facilities.
When Cavan County Museum and the Artist have agreed an exhibition date the Artist then needs to provide the following information four weeks in advance of their exhibition:
1. A detailed list of works with prices, medium and dimensions for insurance and sales purposes.
2. A list of their invitees.
3. The title of their exhibition and who they suggest to invite to open the exhibition.
4. Details of sponsors, if any.
5. A biographical note and image of work and / or self for promotional purposes.
6. A stipulation as to through which Media they wish to promote their exhibition outside of County Cavan and to endeavour to promote their exhibition in conjunction with the Museum for maximum coverage i.e. interview on local radio station / feature in national and local newspaper.
Artists need to make their own travel and accommodation arrangements and pay for same.
Selection of Artists will be on the basis of current CV and standard of recent work. Artists may not exhibit more than once in any five-year period except where they have developed or made significant changes in their work.
Selections will be made in the context of other submissions for any 12-month period.
List of Regulations for Artists exhibition at Cavan County Museum:
Cavan County Museum reserves the right to rearrange exhibition dates at any time as needs arise.
Cavan County Museum will assist with the hanging of the exhibition in consultation with the Artist as is feasible in accordance with Health & Safety Regulations.
The Museum will arrange insurance cover for the artwork for the duration of the exhibition while the exhibition is at Cavan County Museum. It is the responsibility of the Artist to ensure that the exhibition is covered while in transit to and from the Museum.
The Museum will charge an agreed commission on works sold during the course of the exhibition.
The Museum will consult with Cavan County Council Arts Service on matters relating to exhibition standards.
The Museum will issue invites and will invite the Chairman of Cavan County Council to officiate at all arts events.
Museum staff will officiate at exhibition openings.